The SRE team of Storage Engineering is responsible for all aspects of storage needs within the Global Infrastructure organization. We are responsible for managing and automating Citadel’s Data Storage environment which is the backbone of the infrastructures that teams use to drive the investment engine. More importantly, we are expected to know enough about the entire technology stack such that we can design and create solutions to problems that require creative integration.
SRE’s are responsible for architecture, availability, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning. The SRE team is heavily engaged in technology evaluation, prototyping, designing and automating the deployments of production infrastructure.
If you aspire to:
- Deepening your storage knowledge beyond basic Infrastructure concepts
- Architect, engineer and deploys high-performance, multi-petabyte business critical storage solutions
- Expanding your coding skills beyond basic application development
- Working closely with seasoned Storage professionals to solve real business problems
- Learning the operational and engineering side of storage management
- Working in a dynamic, challenging environment
If you’ve got an interest in:
- Data Storage Technology and Architecture
- Systems Administration
- Python and Shell scripting
If you’ve proven you have:
- A whatever it takes attitude
- Good communication skills
- A solid understanding of programming concepts and coding experience
- Solid Linux skills
- A general knowledge of storage concepts
- Experience with a scripting language such as Go, Python, UNIX Shell, or PowerShell
- The ability to handle multiple critical tasks
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For thirty years, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.