Investment Analysts work closely with Portfolio Managers to generate, research and implement investment ideas. Successful Investment Analysts are given greater responsibility and input into investment decisions with the ultimate goal of growing into a Portfolio Manager role.
- Generate investment ideas based on fundamental research and deep knowledge of sector trends and business models
- Work closely with a Portfolio Manager to discuss pitch ideas regularly, and monitor current positions, news-flow, sentiment thoughts, sector observations, macro trends, etc.
- Conduct deep fundamental bottoms-up analysis and actively manage a sub-sector of ~30-50 industry names
- Develop and maintain impactful relationships with company management and investor relations teams, as well as buy-side and sell-side peers
- Model all positions in a sub-sector portfolio by tracking relative performance, sizing around upcoming events, price target upside/downside, etc.
- Build models for new names introduced into core coverage universe
- Participate in industry conferences and lead meetings with management teams (includes travel)
- In some cases, train, manage and mentor an Investment Associate
- Prior public equity investing experience with a proven track record and deep expertise in an industry sector
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree or equivalent experience, preferably in finance, economics, engineering and/or computer science
- Passion for fundamental analysis and public markets investing
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Opportunities available in New York, Boston, Dallas
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For thirty years, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.