We’re Citadel, a worldwide leader in finance that uses next-generation technology and alpha-driven strategies to transform the global economy. We tackle some of the toughest problems in the industry by pushing ourselves to be the best again and again. It’s demanding work for the brightest minds, but we wouldn’t have it any other way. Here, great ideas can come from anyone. Everyone. You!
Hope is not a strategy. Engineering solutions to design, build, and maintain efficient large-scale systems is a true strategy, and a good one. Site Reliability Engineering is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless postmortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement that is key to both product quality and interesting and dynamic day-to-day work. Our culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to our success. Our organization brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage our teams to collaborate, think big and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them.
We are seeking talented engineers skilled in the art of integration who understand the Agile mindset and Site Reliability Engineering philosophies, yet, not constrained by how “things are usually done” and are willing to decompose and reinvent systems, processes, and tools. We’re looking for passionate engineers to build some of the largest compute services on the planet; if you possess that rare mix of depth in Development, Operations, Networking, and Systems Engineering then we are waiting for your application. Apply to meet our talented team and let’s see if you are the one that can help us scale to meet the demand of our largest initiatives.
- Building and managing the world’s most advanced compute, network and storage infrastructure and eliminating work through automation
- Build automation to manage and monitor infrastructure services and applications
- Ensure and improve the reliability, availability and performance of infrastructure and infrastructure-related applications
- Investigating new ways to improve operations and defining new solutions to solve technically complex systems issues
- Diving deep into service interdependencies and region specific configurations to find the root of a problem about to affect entire markets
- Learn from industry leaders, distinguished engineers and investment professionals
- 1-4 years of industry experience on building and managing Compute, Network, and/or Storage systems and/or components
- Proficient in Python
- Experience using Linux
- Experience in automating routine tasks
- Experience in configuration management and infrastructure provisioning (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform)
- Fundamental technology knowledge on: storage concepts (e.g., object/block/file storage, NFS), compute concepts (e.g., different OS environments, virtualization), networking concepts (e.g., DNS, HTTP, TCP, UDP, IP)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with modern monitoring tools (e.g., Splunk, SolarWinds, Grafana, Zabbix)
- Experience developing APIs
- Experience with source control (e.g., Git, GitHub, Perforce)
- Knowledge of security concepts and best practices (e.g., ACL, IPSec, TSL/SSL, Kerberos)
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive
- Combination of interest, knowledge, and experience in finance, financial technology, and/or asset management industries
Opportunities available in Chicago and New York.
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.