Location: Chicago, IL
- Own & administer the Atlassian development tools suite for the firm.
- Perform version upgrades of these tools and provide support to various development teams as needed.
- Promote adoption and best practices of these tools and associated methodologies. Develop and support a federated administration model.
- Assist with source code management tools
- Develop scripts to automate administration tasks
- Document usage and configuration of development environment.
- Pro-actively manage licensing and maintain vendor relationships.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Experience configuring, integrating and supporting the Atlassian suite of tools on-premises. This should include one or more of the following: JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Crucible/Fisheye, Bitbucket and Bamboo.
- Experience configuring JIRA workflows, issue types, screen schemes as well as integrating content with Confluence. Experience with and ability to mentor on usage of popular add-ons including Agile and Structure. Knowledge of underlying database schemas and ability to dig into the database when necessary. May assist with large data imports and project migrations.
- Experience with configuring modular Bamboo builds, deploying remote build agents and extending unit testing and deployment tools such as puppet add-on.
- Experience with scripting languages (python, Perl, bash or others)
- Experience working with DevOps tools – puppet, Git, SVN, Bamboo, Stash, Bitbucket Server
- A good understanding of enterprise environment including integration with Active Directory, DNS, MS SQL Server / RDBMS and Linux. Healthy appreciation of data preservation and entitlement policies.
- Familiarity with Configuration Management concepts, Development workflow, Build and Deployment framework. (Prefer Atlassian Bitbucket Server, CollabNet TeamForge, Atlassian Bamboo)
- Experience with build automation tools and Continuous Integration systems (Prefer Jenkins, Bamboo, and TeamCity)
- Motivation to promote DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Agile Development Methodologies.
Task Completion / Execution:
- Maintains constant awareness of how assigned tasks impact internal customers, and communicates status proactively to ensure smooth project execution and timely completion; raising awareness & risks to supervisor.
- Constantly identifying and recommending changes to processes and tools that will improve productivity, efficiency, effectiveness and quality.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA)
The successful candidate will be a mature self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment. Additionally this person will be constantly looking at ways to improve developer productivity. This person will be interacting with various levels of management and will have excellent communication and organizational skills.