Location: San Francisco, New York, Chicago, London
Industry Sectors: Various – Consumer, Industrials, Technology, Financials, Healthcare, Energy and Communications, Media & Entertainment (CME)
Company Description: Sustainable, responsible markets are the engine of prosperity. Citadel brings 25 years of experience and $25B in capital from the world’s most sophisticated investors to the market each day. With our industry leading technology platform, and our world-class team, we trade across all major asset classes and in over 30 countries. Our work enables commerce and progress in all four corners of the globe.
Our people are our most valued asset; we pride ourselves in hiring and developing best in class minds in every part of the business.
“At Citadel, your aptitude and ambition are the only limits to your opportunity and impact”
- Ken Griffin Founder and CEO
Global Equities: Established in 2001, Global Equities is a cornerstone long/short equity strategy for Citadel that has had positive returns every year, since inception. The team manages fundamental researched-based equity long/short portfolios on behalf of Citadel’s multi-strategy funds and Global Equities single-strategy funds. With offices in Chicago, New York, San Francisco and London, Global Equities is currently comprised of 24 fundamental investing teams, with over 100 professionals, focusing on companies in every sector, including Technology, CME (Communications Media & Entertainment), Energy, Consumer, Financials, Healthcare and Industrials. The investing teams employ deep fundamental research that focuses on alpha generation in a market-neutral framework, and then employs unique technology and processes to optimize alpha and minimize market risk. Teams are comprised of Portfolio Managers, Analysts and Associates. Portfolio Managers and Analysts are seasoned investors, who actively manage portfolios, with deep industry knowledge and a rigorously-developed investment process.
If you aspire to:
- Continually learn and stay ahead of global market dynamics
- Work in a high-performing and collaborative team environment that closely integrates sophisticated trading, state-of-the art quantitative research and risk management, and cutting-edge technology
- Make a meaningful impact and becoming a business builder in a top-performing long/short equity business that is consistently-evolving and innovating
- Ultimately, work towards the goal of becoming a best-in-class Portfolio Manager and business builder in 3-6 years
If you’ve got an interest in:
- Developing and actively managing well-researched and investable ideas for a sub-sector portfolio
- Actively overseeing a subsector of ~30-50 industry names and becoming a go-to industry expert
- Developing and cultivating meaningful relationships with company management and IR teams
- Deep fundamental bottoms-up analysis, including maintaining models current for latest earnings, company meeting updates, conf call updates, etc.
- Mentoring and developing up-and-coming Associates and Analysts, who will become the future leaders of the business
If you’ve proven you can:
- Actively manage and model all positions in a sub-sector portfolio by tracking relative performance, sizing around upcoming events, price target upside / downside, etc.
- Work successfully with a portfolio manager, within a high-performing team, to discuss pitch ideas regularly, monitor current positions, news-flow, new ideas, sentiment thoughts, abnormal stock movements, sector observations, etc.
- Effectively lead frequent meetings with management teams to establish key relationships
- Actively participate in sector-specific conferences and develop impactful relationships with companies, buyside and sellside peers.
- In some cases, train, manage and develop an Associate to work with you
- Successfully communicate and collaborate with other team members.
- 4-10 years of public equity investing experience with a proven track record
- Background and deep expertise in an industry sector
Bachelors degree or advanced degree in finance, economics, engineering and/or computer science, ideal