Locations: Chicago, New York, Hong Kong, Toronto, China
Do you prefer to use algorithmic design and data analysis to solve challenging problems? Are you a born engineer who wants to build real-time systems with a real-time impact? Are you inspired by object oriented design and understand how to support your ideas with high quality research?
At Citadel, Quantitative Algorithmic Developers are responsible for the implementation and optimization of automated quant trading strategies using sophisticated statistical techniques and cutting-edge technology. We are seeking top undergraduate, master’s, and PhD students who are entrepreneurial self-starters and enjoy being in a fast-paced and dynamic environment for exciting opportunities in our automated quantitative trading businesses. This opportunity offers excellent exposure to a quantitative trading career path in one of the world’s leading global financial institutions.
If this is what excites you:
- Collaborating with research teams to design and implement new trading strategies
- Designing and optimizing tools for strategy back-testing
- Performing post-trade analysis
- Generalizing trading innovations to new asset classes and venues around the globe
And this is what you’ve got:
- Advanced training in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or other highly quantitative fields
- Extensive programming experience with strong object oriented design skills and fluency in C, C++, or Java
- Experience with algorithms and data structures
- Strong knowledge of probability & statistics (e.g., machine learning, time-series analysis, pattern recognition, NLP)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion
- Ability to thrive in a complex, fast-paced, and highly technical environment
- Experience with analysis, manipulation, and maintenance of large datasets (e.g., R, Matlab)
- Independent research experience
- Basic knowledge of tradable financial instruments (securities, derivatives) and capital markets
This is what Citadel can give you:
- Collaboration with some of the brightest minds in the industry
- Meaningful projects that directly impact global markets
- A culture that values ambition and rewards talent
- World-class training, tools and mentorship
Our training program provides both significant responsibility as well as creative freedom in approach. New hires are set up to succeed: projects are matched against individual skill sets and managers provide close mentorship, ensuring a tailored learning experience with a high likelihood of long term career growth.
Citadel is a worldwide leader in finance that uses next-generation technology and alpha-driven strategies to transform the global economy. We tackle some of the toughest problems in the industry by pushing ourselves to be the best again and again. It’s demanding work for the brightest minds, but we wouldn’t have it any other way. Here, great ideas can come from anyone. Everyone. You.