Location: Chicago, IL
We’re Citadel, a worldwide leader in finance that uses next-generation technology and alpha-driven strategies to transform the global economy. We tackle some of the toughest problems in the industry by pushing ourselves to be the best again and again. It’s demanding work for the brightest minds, but we wouldn’t have it any other way. Here, great ideas can come from anyone. Everyone. You.
If you aspire to:
- Be a Front Office Software Developer in the Citadel Execution Services team and work closely with members of Front Office Quantitative Research and traders.
- Provide technical expertise to support and enhance core trading applications.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze complex business/technical problems and make sound technical decisions proactively and in a self-directed manner.
If you’ve got an interest in:
- Working as part of an established, experienced development team to build best in class technology platforms integrated with r/t trading paradigms.
- Designing and developing of high-performance C++ components used by trading applications.
- Proposing new designs and modifying existing ones to continuously improve performance, functionality, and stability of the system.
- Providing timely systems support for trading activities.
If you’ve proven you have:
- 5+ years experience in C++ development on a UNIX platform.
- Experience with multithreaded applications.
- Experience with key language(s) such as Python, R, Perl, Shell Scripting, LUA, etc.
- Professional experience with distributed systems.
- Professional experience with multi-threaded application design and development.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex business and technical problems with robust, resilient and flexible technical solutions.
- Professional experience developing financial software is a plus.
- Knowledge of order/state management paradigms.
- Strong critical reasoning skills.
- Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented.
- Strong work ethic & high degree of integrity.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related engineering or science curriculum.