Location: San Francisco, CA
Citadel LLC is a worldwide leader in finance that uses next-generation technology and alpha-driven strategies to transform the global economy. We tackle some of the toughest problems in the industry by pushing ourselves to be the best again and again. It’s demanding work for the brightest minds and innovators, but we wouldn’t have it any other way. Here, great ideas can come from anyone. ..everyone….you.
As a Senior University Manager – Global Phd Program, West Coast and Southwest Lead at Citadel, you will contribute to the growth of a world class University Relations program that offers opportunities to exceptional interns and new graduates across all academic levels (Bachelors, Masters, MBA, PhD, and Postdoc). You will be a part of an accomplished Recruiting and Human Resources team, reporting to the Global Head of Talent Programs. In addition, you will work alongside industry-leading Traders, Quants, Software Engineers, and key business leaders to develop effective branding, sourcing, and hiring strategies. The Senior University Manager – West Coast Lead will develop the global Phd program and manage our West Coast University Relations to attract, engage, and hire the most brilliant minds and innovators that will digitize the finance industry.
If you aspire to:
- Work with a collaborative team, while constantly being challenged to be a dynamic and strategic leader in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Bring in the top quants, software engineers, and investment and trading talent that will digitize the finance industry.
- Make a tremendous impact on peoples lives and across all industries.
- Build the best financial firm in the world that will transform the global markets upon which all industries rise.
If you’ve have an interest in:
- Designing, organizing, and staffing Citadel events at top-tier universities.
- Attending and networking at leading industry conferences across the globe.
- Being a consummate ambassador of Citadel.
- Developing successful strategies and managing full lifecycle recruitment for university hires; strategically identify, source, attract, and retain top talent.
- Developing creative Phd sourcing strategies, including focusing on areas such as LinkedIn, various University PhD program websites, and Google Scholar to attract the top PhD and Postdoc talent.
- Assessing candidates, leading interview teams, and managing debriefs to determine offer decisions.
- Establishing, developing, and maintaining strong relationships with hiring managers and key business leaders, acting as a trusted advisor through understanding their business and recruiting needs.
- Inspiring students and maintaining deep relationships and expanding reach at top-tier west coast universities through professors, advisors, student group leaders, career services departments, alumni, and other creative outlets.
- Partnering with the Marketing and Communications team to develop and enhance Citadel’s employment brand.
- Participating in the onboarding and training of interns and new grads in collaboration with business leadership and other members of the Human Resources team.
- Managing and collaborating with University Recruiting Coordinators and other team members to ensure a team and metrics focused approach.
If you have: 5+ years of experience building and leading successful university programs (previous experience in technology and/or financial services is preferred).
- Exceptional multi-tasking, organizational, and negotiating skills.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across universities and internal teams.
- Consultative Sales approach and ability to close candidates.
- Strong desire to achieve success and insatiable appetite to learn and grow.
- General competitive intelligence (i.e.- understanding our direct competitors roles, compensation)
- Outstanding judge of people and character, high EQ
- Outstanding sourcing and networking skills.
- Willingness to immerse yourself into academic communities.
- Willingness to travel 30%-40% of time with majority of travel during peak recruiting season (September – November; February- March).
- The drive and ability to innovate, execute, and win.
And if you are: Purpose oriented, intellectually curious, passionate about attracting and guiding early in career talent, and have a high sense of integrity, then, apply now.