Locations: Chicago, New York
Are you are a natural programmer who loves to build real-time applications and systems that make an immediate impact? Are you are passionate about building software that challenges and inspires you every day? At Citadel, we apply rigorous quantitative and technology driven strategies to transform capital markets. Our software engineers solve some of the most challenging problems in finance by providing innovative solutions that make a real-world impact. We thrive on great ideas and have the initiative, tenacity and resources to implement them.
As part of the Software Engineering Rotation Program, you’ll work side-by-side with quantitative researchers and traders to help write the future of finance using cutting-edge technology. We are looking for a diverse group of software engineers to join our program that offers rotations spanning from front-end development, full-stack development, systems design, low latency programming, networking, quantitative development, and everything in between.
If this is what excites you:
- Building tools that bring trading strategies to life
- Building high-performance large data research platforms
- Working in small teams to write the future of finance
And this is what you’ve got:
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering or related fields
- Exceptional programming and design skills
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with probability and statistics
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative, complex and highly technical team environment
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for solving challenging problems using technology
This is what Citadel can give you:
- Collaboration with some of the brightest minds in the industry
- Meaningful projects that directly impact global markets
- A culture that values ambition and rewards talent
- World-class training, tools and mentorship
About the Program
You will begin the Software Engineering Rotation Program with a two-month in-depth, comprehensive training on financial markets and investment theory, business and technology overviews and networking. You’ll then have the opportunity to complete three, 3-4 month rotations across our businesses to broaden your skills – and ultimately find a permanent role that best matches your talents and interests.
Citadel is a worldwide leader in finance that uses next-generation technology and alpha-driven strategies to transform the global economy. We tackle some of the toughest problems in the industry by pushing ourselves to be the best again and again. It’s demanding work for the brightest minds, but we wouldn’t have it any other way. Here, great ideas come from everyone.