Commodities Traders/Portfolio Managers lead the development and execution of trading strategies and play a key role in managing portfolio construction and risk. Successful Portfolio Managers are able to build and manage a strong and dynamic commodity vertical-focused portfolio.
- Develop and execute trading strategies for a commodities portfolio
- Assist the analysis team in developing and enhancing analytical processes
- Improve and scale portfolio risk taking
- Participate in portfolio construction and risk-taking decisions
- Identify short and longer term opportunities based on micro and macro fundamentals
- Use new and existing insights to support idea generation and commodity analysis
- Challenge consensus views and monitor volatility
- Prior commodities experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance or economics
- High GPA (>3.8) / 1st Class Hons degree
- Strong understanding of financial modeling, specifically using Python and/or VBA, Matlab
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
Opportunities available in London, Chicago and Greenwich
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For thirty years, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.