Role: Quantitative Developer
The financial markets are constantly evolving around the globe. However, our mission remains consistent – to be the most successful investment team in the world. Quantitative Developers (QDs) play an integral role in enabling the firm to identify and capture new opportunities.
Through building software solutions that leverage sophisticated statistical techniques and cutting-edge technologies, QDs solve some of the most complex challenges in finance. QDs partner with our investment professionals and quantitative researchers in an integrated fashion to analyze data, build models, and generate signals for alpha generation. In addition, QDs work in tandem with investment teams across the firm to manage risk.
We empower our elite colleagues, including Quantitative Developers, across the fields of investment management, quantitative research, and technology to build on the foundation of our success that we’ve developed over nearly 30 years and drive our leadership position into the next 30 years.
- Develop analytical libraries and tools leveraging both open source and proprietary numerical software packages
- Integrate with cloud infrastructure providers to tackle storage and compute challenges across large datasets and parallel computations
- Design, develop, and deploy elegant software solutions across research, alpha & signal generation, systematic and non-systematic trading
- Partner with investment professionals and quantitative researchers to define priorities, deliver custom software solutions, and improve the investment process
- Receive structured learning on technical and quantitative skills
- Build automated ETL pipelines to support rapid but controlled transition from research to live trading
- Feature selection research on alternative datasets
YOUR SKILLS & TALENTS:
- Passion for technology, software development, and mathematics
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages (e.g. C++, Python, or R)
- Experience with Distributed Computing, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Platform Development, Networking, System Design
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent field
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.