Citadel has an official presence on a number of social media platforms and we look forward to talking with you on them. We warmly welcome your views, comments, and the opportunity to exchange ideas.
We’re here to facilitate substantive discussions on the topics that we have experience with, including markets and technology. We’re also here to help you understand what it’s like to work with Citadel as a partner or as a member of our team. We encourage debate and are eager to educate people about our industry.
As a financial institution, Citadel is required to follow government rules and regulations that differ in several ways from many consumer-facing companies. This sometimes limits what we are allowed to discuss and the channels on which we can discuss them. For example, we are not allowed to discuss specific financial recommendations or the performance of investment products we manage.
Our official channels are:
Wikipedia – We engage in discussion about Citadel’s history, activities, and its impact in the industry and markets. We respect and follow Wikipedia’s rules of engagement and guiding principles. As such, we maintain a presence on the Talk page for the Citadel Wikipedia entry and contribute ideas and suggestions through the Talk page first. We will always self-identify and disclose our conflict of interest (“COI,” as it’s known on Wikipedia) and welcome good faith discussion to help improve articles.
If you have questions, please comment or direct message us within official Citadel social media channels or send us an email to Social.Media@Citadel.com. Additional contact information is found at http://www.citadel.com/contact/.
Below is a list of what you can expect from us and serve as our “house rules” on social media and online communities:
- We encourage polite and respectful dialogue. Depending on the platform, a feature for user-submitted comments may be available. If comments are available, we want users to share their thoughts, questions and opinions.
- We strive to respond to as many relevant questions and comments as possible within 24 hours, and we reserve the right to use our judgment in selecting the messages we respond to. You can always contact us at Social.Media@Citadel.com. Relevant topics include how financial markets operate, economics, technology trends and careers in our industry. Topics that we will not address on the channel include investment recommendations, opinions on past investments, the performance of investment products we manage, and comments on rumors.
- We’ll let you know who from Citadel is responding to you by their first name, initials or department. All official Citadel spokespeople will identify themselves when participating by comments on social media platforms or online communities. They will either self-identify in their comment or will use a username tied to an official Citadel channel (e.g., “Citadel Careers”).
- From time-to-time Citadel employees may personally participate in online communities and make comments about company-related topics. These are not official Citadel communications. They must follow appropriate company policies governing online communications.
- While we’ll converse in social media, we refrain from conducting official business through these channels. Our posting and presence on various social media channels and online communities does not necessarily mean that Citadel agrees with the content, ensures its accuracy or otherwise approves of it. Nothing in our official social media channels constitutes a binding representation, agreement or an endorsement on the part of Citadel.
- We moderate comments to ensure conversations are respectful and on-topic. Personal attacks, harassment or demonization of a particular individual, public official or organization are not tolerated. Postings on official Citadel channels that are libelous, defamatory, false, abusive, threatening, harassing, obscene, pornographic, violent, inflammatory or disruptive will be taken down.
- You are responsible for the statements you make on any official Citadel channel. Content you submit will be considered non-confidential. This means Citadel is free to disclose and use the ideas contained in content you submit on a non-confidential basis to anyone. You grant us the right to use the content you post.
- Links to third-party sites found on official Citadel channels – including media articles, other social media channels, the ads that run on those channels and the conversations that happen on them – do not constitute endorsements of their content.
- Following a particular social media account or online community does not constitute an endorsement; the same applies for re-posting, sharing or “favoriting” messages on accounts that Citadel does not control.
We want everyone involved in discussions on our social media channels to try to add-value to one another. We’ll do our best to respond to your comments and questions with valuable insights. We hope you’ll do the same.