Commodities Analysts work closely with Portfolio Managers to generate commodity investment ideas based on fundamental research and data analysis. Successful analysts are given greater responsibility and input into investment decisions, with the ultimate goal of growing into a Portfolio Manager role.
- Generate investment ideas based on fundamental research and data analysis
- Build detailed fundamental commodity supply and demand models
- Develop and expand analytics tools and processes while staying on top of market research and insights
- Model commodity data for specific markets and produce ad hoc analysis based on short-term market developments
- Evaluate and improve data quality
- Prior commodities experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance or economics
- High GPA (>3.8) / 1st Class Hons degree
- Strong understanding of financial modeling, specifically using Python and/or VBA, Matlab
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
Opportunities available in London, Chicago and Greenwich
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For thirty years, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.