Role: Physical Natural Gas Specialists – North America
Established in 2014, Citadel Energy Marketing has one of the largest portfolios of storage and transport assets in the West; with a growing footprint in Canada, the Midcontinent and Northeast. We are responsible for connecting natural gas producers with utilities and other market participants across North America. We partner with our clients to manage risk, finance operations and gain strategic insight into their businesses and the markets within which they operate.
Our success rests on the individuals we employ across a range of roles including origination, trading, analytics, scheduling and optimization. This experience and asset base allows us to offer competitive and flexible services that are tailored to our clients’ needs. A career at Citadel offers you the chance to generate and implement your own innovative solutions to really make a difference.
Location:Greenwich, CT, Houston
- Play a key role in physical gas trading, analysis, scheduling, origination, and structuring
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the physical U.S. gas markets, pipelines, regulations, and constraints
- Challenge consensus views within the physical space to outperform the market
- Identify opportunities within your specialism that create alpha outside of the platform’s current capabilities
- Work closely with internal stakeholders such as traders, analysts, schedulers, originators, structurers, marketers and members of the middle office team to optimize and enhance the team’s approach to the physical markets
Your Skills and Talents
- Prior U.S. physical gas experience
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance, or economics
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.