In addition to trading the US natural gas derivatives markets, the US gas team acquired a portfolio of natural gas pipeline transportation capacity in 2016 which has enabled the team to grow its physical footprint. On an opportunistic basis we would be interested in speaking with the top physical US gas talent in the commodities space.
- Play a key role in physical gas trading, analysis, scheduling, origination and structuring
- Deep knowledge of the physical US gas markets, pipelines, regulations & constraints
- Challenge consensus views within the physical space to outperform the market
- Identify opportunities within your specialism that create alpha outside of the platform’s current capabilities
- Work closely with internal stakeholders such as traders, analysts, schedulers, originators, structurers, marketers and members of the middle office team to optimize and enhance the team’s approach to the physical markets
- Prior U.S. physical gas experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance or economics
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.